Competition project for Hala Targowa in Bydgoszcz.
assumptions for the project
in connection with the neihboring: newly bulit A class office building, hotels, theater, Old Market, there is a need to provide a restaurant-club, coference-training, cultural, promotional region and city as well as comercial (regional products, handicraft) zones.
On the basis of the analysis, the development plan for the Market Hall providing mulifunctional space was created. The facility would become a cultural, commercial and business center. The aim of the project was to create a place that would integrate the entire Bydgoszcz community: young people, older people, city lovers, tourists, businessmen, business people, people of culture, regional food lovers, people who love wine and good music.
Functional program of the ground floor:
1. commercial and creating zone. Modular booths were designed for any arrangement according to trade needs (regional products, handcraft) as well as catering (slowfood, lunchbar). Between the stand, in the central part of the hall, dining tables have been designed.
2. caffe bar. In the center part of hall, an open cafe was designed.
3. tourist zone. An open stand was designed for the sale of books, souvenirs and postcard from Bydgoszczy, gadgets with traditional Kuyavian designs.
4. exhibition zone. A space has been ddesigned that can constitute the Photography Gallery of Old Bydgoszcz.
5. business zone. A mezzanine was designed on a metal structure, where modular boxes, small studios, business incubators, start'ups and others are located.
Basement functional program:
1. clubhouse. The winery and club were designed. The space can be used for events, concerts, show and other cultural events. Local vineyards provide the oppotrunity to produce local wine and cider.
2. trainind and conference room. The basement space can be used interchangeably for business purposes. Symposia conference and traininds can take place here.